When I first matriculated to Yale, I knew without a doubt that I wanted to involve myself with the cultural communities here. Since then, I have settled at home in the AACC, a place where my own goals are shared by others, under a common purpose. At the AACC, I feel like I am part of something much greater than myself. Indeed, this “larger body” is the Asian American Community. The amazing people I interact with, their stories, and the events we hold together have helped to shape my own perceptions of self-identity. I hope that everyone who gets involved with the AACC can share this experience.
-Derek Luzinda Mubiru, Yale College ‘19
Donate to the AACC Endowment Fund
- Click here
- Under “Make a gift” select “Support Other Areas at Yale”
- Under “Choose an area to support” select “Other”
- Enter your contribution in the “My gift” box
- Under “Please specify what you would like to support,” type “Asian American Cultural Center Endowment Fund” (Do not abbreviate.)
- Complete the remainder of the form
About the Endowment Fund
The Asian American Cultural Center Endowment Fund is managed by the Yale Investments Office. It was started by Asian American alumni for current Asian and Asian American Yale students. Each year, a portion of the endowment’s return is used to pay for new initiatives that are not already funded by Yale. These culturally enriching opportunities have included academic, leadership, and cultural/social initiatives.
- Academic: February 2015, Asian American Studies Conference at Yale
- Leadership: Summits and initiatives for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Cultural/Social: Viewing of George Takei’s musical Allegiance in NYC and Jiehae Park’s peerless at Yale Repertory Theatre