What is the AACC Externship Program?
Do you want to explore a field you’re curious about? Would you like mentorship in a field you’re already interested in? Want exciting spring break plans? Then the AACC’s Spring Break Externship program is perfect for you! The program is a one-week “externship” during spring break (March 11-15, 2019) that brings undergraduate students into the workplaces of Yale alumni across the country. We’ll match you with an alumnus in a field that intrigues you, and you’ll spend the first week of spring break observing, learning, and getting hands-on experience in that field. The program is meant to give students the opportunity to gain experience in a career they are interested in or to help them explore the multitude of professions available to them.
How can I get an externship?
1. Check out all of the opportunities.
Review all of the externship opportunities posted on this page. Note that the AACC does NOT provide housing, so you want to consider that when choosing which externships you would like to pursue. Most students apply to externships that are close to their hometowns.
2. Choose the externship(s) you want.
You can rank up to 3 externships you would like to apply to. Sponsors will not be able to view these rankings.
3. Fill out a short and sweet application and send it to us along with your resume.
Apply to the externship(s) you want by filling out this short form and by sending your resume to email@example.com by November 25th, 2018 at 11:59pm. All applications and resumes will be forwarded to alumni sponsors, who will choose the externs.
Note: A limited amount of funding is available–an application and further details will be provided to applicants following acceptance.
* Note that these are tentative dates. We will email you if there are any major changes.
November 6th, 2018 - Externship applications opened
November 25th, 2018 - Student applications due
Mid-December, 2018 - Applicants are notified of their externships
January 6th, 2019 - Confirmation of offer acceptance from applicants and AACC externship funding applications due
January 14th, 2019 - Applicants are notified of funding received
January and February, 2019 - Externs and sponsors will communicate externship details
Mid-Februrary, 2019 - Externship Goal-setting Orientation
March 11-15 2019 - Sping Break Externship
Student Extern Responsibilities
1. Unless otherwise noted, students will be responsible for their own housing during the week and transportation to and from work.
2. The sponsor and student should communicate before the externship to determine the student’s particular goals, what the sponsor can provide, and what can reasonably be accomplished during the time period.
3. Students are expected to go to work everyday and behave in a professional manner.
4. After the externship, students are expected to complete a questionnaire giving feedback regarding their externship.
5. If you are selected for an externship and agree to participate, but fail to complete your externship, you will be prohibited from applying to the Externship Program in the future and attending other AACC Alumni events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email alumni directly during the application process. We’d be happy to address any questions, comments, or concerns you may have. We look forward to working with you!
Externship opportunities: https://aacc.yalecollege.yale.edu/externship-program/externship-descriptions