Plan ahead, be courteous, clean up
1. Read (don’t skim) the rules.
Think of these rules as the official playbook of the AACC. To use our facilities, you have to play by the rules. If we find your group in violation of any of them, your formal affiliation with us may be revoked and you will forfeit your privilege to use the Center.
Note that groups or individuals typically reserve space on weekdays when staffers are shifting (Monday-Thursday 1pm-11pm and Friday 1pm-5pm).
2. Request specific rooms for a set time.
You may ask to reserve multiple rooms in a single reservation request.
List your preferences by naming the rooms you plan to use.
List the times you would like to use the rooms.
3. Check the reservations calendar for availability.
List of Room Options Include:
- Multipurpose Room (50 person)
- For large events including speakers, lectures, round table discussions, presentations, meetings, and meals. NOTE: TV IS UNDER REPAIR
- Yung Wing Living Room (40 person)
- For large events with limited couch and numerous floor seating options, has option of having or not having ping pong table, for meetings, and meals.
- Kitchen (25 person)
- For small events including prepping, cooking, and/or serving food, and meals.
- Game Room (formerly Karaoke Room) (25 person)
- For small events including presentations and various entertainment options including Karaoke, Xbox One S (Just Dance, Rock Band, Kinect Sports), and Wii (Super Smash Bros).
- Conference Room (20 person)
- For small events including interviews, meetings, speakers, lectures, round table discussions, and meals.
- Exhibition Room (20 person)
- For small events including gallery exhibits, meditation, yoga, and group rehearsals.
- Breakout Room 206 (10 person)
- For small events including round table discussions, meetings, and meals.
4. Fill out a Google event and invite us.
Make your reservation at least 1 WEEK IN ADVANCE. Contact Sheraz Iqbal (email@example.com) for last minute requests.
To make a reservation, create an event on your Google calendar. Next, invite firstname.lastname@example.org as a “guest.” Include the name of your group in the title of the event. Name the rooms you’d like to reserve in the “where” category.
5. Make sure your reservation is visible on the AACC calendar.
You’re not guaranteed a reservation until a staffer contacts you.
6. Kitchen Use
If you plan to use the kitchen, we expect you to leave it clean: dishes washed or put in the dishwasher; food put away; plastic and paper waste disposed of in appropriate receptacles.
Using the kitchen requires a staffer to “check in” and “check out” your group. You will be contacted by our staffer prior to your event to make arrangements.
Prepping for a big dinner? If you need to use the kitchen for multiple evenings in one week, you may request a sequence of kitchen reservations once per semester.
7. If you reserve a room, during off hours (anytime outside of Monday-Thursday 1pm-11pm and Friday 1pm-5pm), please make sure to request extended swipe access to the house!